New York, NY
New York, NY
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to support Equinox's Technology Department at our NYC Corporate Office in Murray Hill.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the front office by operation of the reception desk, including: screening and directing incoming calls, coordinating for and greeting external guests, acting as liaison with Property Management, etc.
- Coordinate calendars and schedule appointments for all assigned personnel
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries; compile documents for travel-related meetings for all branches
- Manage conference room requests at both the Murray Hill and Flatiron location for the Technology Team
- Assist in the coordination and setup of large meetings, meetings involving external guests, and specialized corporate events
- Screen incoming correspondence, responding independently when possible
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents
- Supervise and maintain the overall upkeep and organization of the Murray Hill corporate office, including: ordering office supplies, maintaining the supply cabinet, restocking the kitchen (coffee Design and send the Tech Digest on a weekly basis and the Tech Newsletter on a bi-monthly basis
- Create new hire onboarding announcements for Tech employees
- Prepare Tech Leadership expense reports when necessary
- Send faxes and make photocopies as requested
- Maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel, and research matters
- Assist in special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills, and education:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ year working in an administrative capacity
- Oral communication-ability to speak clearly and persuasively and demonstrate group presentation skills
- Written communication-edit work for spelling and grammar, presenting numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing-the ability to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently
- Quality control-accurate and thorough, monitoring own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability-the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability-consistently at work and on time, following instructions, responding to management direction and soliciting feedback to improve performance
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly as well as passionate, intelligent and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google
- Knowledge of Concur expense reporting system preferred
- Must have experience managing multiple phone lines
- Problem solving-the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing information skillfully while maintaining confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills-maintaining confidentiality, remaining open to others' ideas and exhibiting willingness to try new things
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.