The Activities Coordinator will be responsible for planning and supervising the daily recreation offerings of the resort including, but not limited to: program implementation and promotion, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained, collaborating with other departments and assisting the Activities Manager with general operations of the department. The Activities Coordinator will be involved with all aspects pertaining to activity offerings, events and programs and will assist in the oversight of the Activity Attendants.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the resort and WTS International.
- Presents professional appearance and positive upbeat attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Works with the Activities Manager to develop and plan a diverse calendar of enjoyable programs and activities for all resort guests such as: outdoor adventure, sports, family, youth programs, special events, holiday and social offerings.
- Assists with the set up and break down of numerous events and programs throughout the property including indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Willingness to preform job duties in an outdoor environment with possible snow, sun, wind and rain.
- Assists with the implementation of private birthday parties and corporate team building events.
- Ensures all attendees of the programs and events are following all the rules within the resort.
- Assists in the design, with use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily resort recreation operations.
- Assists in the supervision of part-time, full-time and seasonal Activity staff members.
- Communicates effectively with children, adults, parents and fellow team members.
- Assists with the creation of staff schedules.
- Assists in the maintenance of outdoor recreation elements to include but not limited to: trail systems, playgrounds, courtyards, archery field and fire pits.
- Assists the Activities Manager with conflict resolution and disciplinary actions.
- Assists in working with the onsite PR and Marketing team to preparing bulletins, social media content and flyers for display on digital boards, website and social media sites.
- Reports any incident or accident to WTS corporate, Department Head and onsite security and risk management team members on duty.
- Maintains constant surveillance of participants during resort activities; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Maintains constant surveillance of minor children enrolled in our programs.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services.
- Must be willing to obtain CPR, AED and First Aid Certifications within 90 days of employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience working in a hospitality environment preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior experience working with children and adults, preferably in a recreational setting
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Creative in marketing, promotion, and programming
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.