WTS International, the world's leading leisure, fitness and spa firm, is seeking a full time Seasonal Activities Attendant for a Water Park Resort in the Catskills, Monticello, NY. The Activities Attendant will be responsible for assisting in the daily recreation offerings of the resort including, but not limited to: assisting with program implementation, set up and promotion and ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained. The Activities Attendant will be involved with all aspects pertaining to resort wide activities, offerings, events and programs.
Our ideal candidate has prior experience working with children and families in a recreational setting (activities attendant, kids camp counselor, coach) with outgoing personality. Training available. Weekends and holidays required and early and late shifts available. 35-40 hours per week. Hourly rate of $12 and apply today for immediate consideration. This role is seasonal from mid-July through Labor day.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the resort and WTS International.
- Presents professional appearance and positive upbeat attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Assists with the development and planning of a diverse calendar of enjoyable programs and activities such as: outdoor adventure, sports, family, youth programs, special events, and social offerings.
- Assists with the set up and break down of numerous activities and programs throughout the property including indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Assists with the implementation of teambuilding corporate events.
- Willingness to preform job duties in an outdoor environment with possible snow, sun, wind and rain.
- Ensures all attendees of the programs and events are following all the rules within the resort.
- Assists in the design, with use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily resort recreation operations.
- Assists in working with onsite PR and Marketing team to preparing bulletins, social media content and flyers for display on digital boards, website and social media sites.
- Reports any incident or accident to WTS corporate and onsite security and risk management team members on duty.
- Maintains constant surveillance of participants during resort activities; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Assists with ensuring paid activities are charged to guests in a timely manner.
- Must communicate instructions for each individual activity to multiple guests at one time.
- Maintains constant surveillance of minor children enrolled in our programs.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services.
- Assists in the maintenance of outdoor recreation elements to include but not limited to: trail systems, playgrounds, courtyards and fire pits.
- Must be willing to obtain CPR, AED and First Aid Certifications within 90 days of employment.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous experience working in a hospitality environment preferred
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior experience working with children and adults, preferably in a recreational setting
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Creative in marketing, promotion, and programming.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to show initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.