The Activities Assistant Manager reports directly to the Activities Manager. The Activities Assistant Manager, under the direction of the Activities Manager, will be responsible for planning and implementing all programs and events of the childcare and activities departments. Additionally, responsibilities include: billing, training and scheduling front desk staff, monitoring facility maintenance; booking, contracting and executing party functions and rentals; ensuring that the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained; and using the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.Responsible for supervising activities staff on a daily basis and at events or programs.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Assists in the development of daily activities with the Activities Manager.
• Assures that the daily activities are implemented on schedule by the activities staff.
• Assists in the development and implementation of assigned components of every special event, social activity and birthday party.
• Responsible for obtaining registration forms and all release forms for all participants in activities where liability forms are needed.
• Occasionally manage all registration and billing procedures for every program and event.
• Reports to the Activities Manager to needs for purchasing equipment, inventory items, activity supplies on a timely basis. Assists with purchase orders and running errands for events and activities.
• Responsible for understanding the rules and guidelines for each activity.
• Reports on a regular basis to the Activities Manager on all issues concerning participants, parents and guests in general.
• Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication and good rapport with the parents, and children participating in the activities.
• Required at times to lift heavy supplies and equipment while setting up programs and events.
• Assist in coordinating dates/times with vendors and entertainers for special events.
• Assists in developing a comprehensive standard facility operation's manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS operations template.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Activities Manager.
• Follows all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions; all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
• Assists in facility inspections, and general facility maintenance.
• Supervises effective daily operations including opening and closing procedures. Implements proper inventory procedures.
• Ensures that all Activities staff are implementing BTE standards and meeting expectations.
• Assist guests with needs or issues they may have.
• Check and respond to emails from guests, vendors, and associates.
• This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. (E.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Four year certificate from college; or at least 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy & procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Strong swimming ability.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office components.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Creative in marketing, promotion, and programming.
• Friendly, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Must be willing to execute outdoor activities in all times of year.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasionally or no variables.
• Must be CPR/First Aid Certified
• Life Guard Certification preferred
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.