Description: MediFit Services is a leading provider of onsite fitness and wellness solutions across the US. We are currently hiring for a Group Exercise Manager for our client's community fitness center located in the Princeton area.
Primary duties for this role:
1) Recruit, hire and schedule instructors.
2) Develop group programs schedule with GM per budget and program goals.
3) Schedule group exercise programs appropriate for members' ability and needs, based on industry trends and current member feedback.
4) Develop and implement department operating procedures, standards and expectations, with quality measures and controls.
5) Maintain physical safety protocols for placement and operation of equipment in Group Ex rooms.
6) Ensure delivery of the facility's experience for members and guests.
7) Audit and review classes formally annually and informally frequently. Ensure proper instruction with emphasis on safety and accommodating various member skill levels within each class.
8) Hold annual department meetings with minutes and clear action points.
9) Provide ongoing training for instructors.
10) Train and evaluate all group exercise staff.
11) Submit monthly reports in a timely and concise manner.
12) Assist with marketing group exercise programs and special events.
13) Create, maintain and distribute schedules for members in a timely manner.
14) Create and execute seasonal bulletin boards highlighting department events.
15) Contact any member who has provided feedback on a class.
16) Consistently maintain expense control measures for the department, with careful attention to scheduling and payroll.
17) Attend department manager and club staff meetings as needed.
18) Oversee maintenance, repairs and preventive maintenance for all group exercise equipment and supplies.
19) Institute department inventory controls system.
20) Assemble and authorize payroll documents for department.
21) Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Must be able to demonstrate verbally or physically, intermediate written and oral skills, organizational skills. Phone and computer skills. Strong physical condition. Some equipment repair and maintenance. Job requires seeing, hearing, talking, walking, performing math calculations, basic writing skills, bending, twisting, pulling, straining, lifting 0-50 lbs, use of arms. May be required to teach several classes on any given day.
Current certification from a nationally recognized agency, including ACSM, AFAA, ACE, IDEA required. Current CPR, AED and First Aid training. Minimum one year experience in a health club setting as a group exercise coordinator required, with strong customer service background.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at http://www.medifit.jobs - This position is requisition 12-0346.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodation needed to participate in the application process.