Description: Seeking a Service Desk Associate a health and fitness business which provides services including, but not limited to, physical therapy, athletic training, and sports performance training. Please visit our website specified below for more info.
Greets and assists all visitors in an efficient and courteous manner, answers phone calls, schedules and cancels appointments, explains services offered, informs patients about the policies and procedures related to billing and charging of services, and ensures all inpatient/outpatient paperwork is accurately processed.
15-20 hours per week
Compensation to commensurate with experience
Requirements: - Open the office and do the tasks needed to start the day off for the administrative staff and therapists.
- Perform reception duties such as, but not limited to, greeting and assisting visitors; answering phone promptly in a professional and courteous manner; receiving and conveying messages to appropriate individuals in writing, electronically and verbally; assigning and monitoring patients flow into treatment rooms.
-Assist with and make sure all inpatient admissions and outpatient forms are accurately completed and entered in the computer. Locate and obtain any missing information to complete the patient data.
- Act as a liaison between patients and physical therapists, health care professionals and insurance carriers.
- Contact insurance companies to check each patients coverage and restrictions for physical therapy services.
- Scan, file and fax documents as required.
- Invoice/bill patients. Provide receipt of money and undertake any necessary banking procedures thereafter.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and well organized reception and work area.
- Actively promote the organizations services, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
-Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years administrative experience, especially in a medical practice/service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer software applications.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and be productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work independently without constant supervision and should be able to remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
-Maintain strict discipline in time management, must be on time for shifts and be reliable.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
-Strong interpersonal skills with ability to follow directions and to work with diverse individuals.
NOTE: All duties and requirements stated above are essential functions. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.